THE PROOFREADING PHASE COMES ONLY AFTER THE EDITING AND TYPESETTING PHASES.
Typically, only typeset documents are ‘proofed’ to ensure that all (minor) corrections by internal divisions/authors are incorporated; that photos and images incorporated by designers fit the text and are correctly positioned; that any remaining spelling and punctuation gremlins are fixed; and that layout/typesetting errors such as orphans and widows, wrong spacing and font inconsistencies are ironed out.
• All our service providers have post-graduate qualifications and a minimum of five years’ experience.
• Service providers are sourced from members of the professional editors’ body (PEG).
• If we are not able to source a suitable service provider from PEG, we follow a stringent recruitment procedure. Only highly qualified service providers are approached. They then have to provide us with a portfolio of succesfully completed projects and references to contact to verify their competence and experience. Thereafter, they are tested, and only then are they allowed to begin working on a task.
• Samples from each completed task are quality-checked by a different service provider.
• Clients are asked for feedback after work has been delivered. Any negative comments are investigated and the service provider is removed from our database if the comments are found to be valid.